I’ve always had trouble finding the time and patience to sit down and read a book. Be it 300 pages or 1000, it has always been something I found difficult. When I first started listening to audiobooks, I found the patience to listen, process, and even listen again if I felt I missed something. It took me dramatically less time to listen for 8-10 hours in total for a book than sit down for days, weeks, even months to finish just one book.
I know I’m not the only one out there, and if you’re like me you’ll understand!
So, with that in mind, here are the top audio books from Audible (in no specific order) I’ve listened to so far this year (but that does not mean the book is FROM this year) on. I will be linking up the actual books should you want to buy them in book form rather than listen on Audible.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- This is a classic. I have listened to it a couple of times now and there’s always something new for me to learn. It takes a couple listens to get used to language because of the age gap from when the book was written versus today when you are listening to it. I consider this to be more of a mindset book. In that I mean it is telling you how you need to think and act to be successful.
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller with Jay Papasan
- I’m not going to spoil much on this book, but it’s a quick lesson and I recommend this book to all because it has ONE (see what I did there?) primary lesson.
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
- Easily one of the best audiobooks I’ve listened to. There were lessons that resonated with the current times, alongside timeless lessons. Zero to One provides actionable steps that even the wantrapreneur can use to take the next step forward.
- How to Win Friends & Influence People By Dale Carnegie
- This was another book so the audio version depicted the time with which it was written. Much like Think and Grow Rich this book was a harder one to listen to. I knew I needed to though, as everywhere I looked this was a highly recommended book to read or listen to. And man, was that spot on! Another success mindset book in my opinion.
- The 4-hour Workweek: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich By Timothy Ferris
- Any Tim Ferris book is going to be a killer read. I’m also currently reading his newest book, Tools of Titans. Yes, I said I am actually reading it. Which for me is a big deal because I don’t have the patience to sit down for that long to actually get any legit reading done! This is a top audiobook post, but I felt inclined to mention how awesome Tim’s latest book is. But, back to The 4-hour Workweek, this was the very FIRST audiobook I listened to and I’d say I’ve learned the most from it. With that said, a must listen (or read!).
- BONUS: Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- This is another short but great listen. In a nut shell, it is teaches us to do less, to achieve more. Don’t muddy up the water with distractions but instead only do those actions that yield the highest results.